Are you facing a roof issue and not able to decide whether to offer repair or replacement? Dealing with a roof leak or crack is a daunting problem that should be solved immediately to avoid costly consequences. Though roofing contractors can help in providing appropriate solution for an underlying problem, its important that a homeowner itself should take an effective decision. Know about your roof’s current status and issues you are facing to make an ideal choice of shingle or roof replacement.
Some of the factors to consider for shingled roof repairs are:
- Is your home’s ceiling stained?: If there are any signs of moisture stains, concrete flakes or discolored paint on your residential ceiling and adjoining walls, chances are that there is an underlying issue of leakage. You should consider for roof replacement, if there exist any direct signs for water leakage or seepage. In case the leak is small, even repair work can offer desirable results.
- Is repair cost exceeding replacement cost?: Since roofs are constructed using different types of material, there exist different repair and maintenance services for each of them. If the damage caused to your residential roof is excessive and the cost involved in offering repair is much more considered to replacement, then its better to go for roof replacement service.
- How old is your roof installation?: Average age for shingled roof is around 20 years, only if it is maintained and repaired frequently. If around half of the shingles on your roof are cracked or torn, opt for roof replacement. Since a roof tends to become weak after 15 years, its crucial to consider replacing it to ensure safety of your family and valuables.
- What is the percentage of damage?: A roof can suffer damages due to heavy storms, winds, and snow. If the percentage of damage that your roof is currently suffering exceeds 25 to 30 percent, the ideal decision should be replacement rather than offering repairs.
- Are you planning to sell your property?: An old and worn roof can greatly degrade the looks of a property. This can highly effect its value, in case you are looking to sell your home in the coming years. In contrast, a new roof installation can increase a home’s value along with offering many other benefits like leakage protection and better insulation.
These are the few things that can help in deciding about replacement or repairing of a roof. Always remember that every roof needs annual maintenance to prevent typical issues. If you are looking for roof installation or repair service in Guelph, fell free to call our roofing contractors at Priority Roofing.