Having your roof collapse can be the worst nightmare of every homeowner. There is no definite time for the roof to collapse – they can collapse during any time of the years. During heavy snowfall, the situation gets worse that’s why, it is the responsibility of every homeowner to ensure the tip top condition of the roof so it can withstand the elements.
According to our roofing contractors Cambridge, snow related collapses are quite common during heavy snow fall. It gets difficult for the weak or damaged roof to bear the pressure of the accumulated snow. Do you know one cubic foot of dry snow weighs approximately 6 to 8 pounds? Yes, so now you can guess the entire weight of packed snow or ice. Furthermore, the moisture absorbed by the roof can be a safety hazard for you and your family.
Since the flat roofs and lower sloped roofs accumulate larger amount of precipitation, they are at a higher risk. Following are some major warning signs that must be addressed immediately by calling your local roofers Waterloo. Those signs include:
- Sagging parts of the interior ceiling or exterior shingles.
- Severe/repeated leakage
- Severe cracks in the exterior masonry
- Bends, ripples or impairment in the roof structure or framing
- Difficulty in opening and closing the door or the doors pop open on their own
- Bent or worn out utility pipes or conduits at ceiling
If you have noticed any of these conditions, contact Priority Roofing for a free consultation. Our roofing contractors Cambridge would reach you to identify and fix your roofing problem. Regular maintenance and repair of the roof is necessary to rectify any type of roof damage ahead of time. This way you can prevent the chances of roof collapse. Here are some preventative maintenance tips for you:
- Make sure you remove the debris, mold and algae accumulation as they can hold moisture
- Always keep drains, gutters and downspouts clear of leaves, dirt and debris so that water can flow freely
- It is advised to get your roof problems repaired in order to prevent any further damage.
- Consider hiring a professional to remove any excessive amounts of snow from the roof.
A roof should be able to withstand the outer elements efficiently. It is vital to maintain the integrity of the structure and ensure the safety of your family and valuables. For professional roof repair and replacement services, you can rely on Priority Roofing. Our professionals have the right equipments and knowledge to handle any type of roofing task you throw at them.